Sunday, March 1, 2009

Carp shows in France and Belgium in March

With John Baker and the Italian Big Carp Team at the end of the Carpitaly show .
The beginning of the year is a really important period for us. It's the period when there are the big trade shows and lots of shops have open days. All the Big Carp Team are involved and are available to show new products and answer questions about how to get the best from our products. I went to the big Carpitaly show in Italy a few weeks ago with John Baker. There were over 10,000 visitors over the two days and our stand was mobbed continually.


John talking about bait - wherever you go in europe carp anglers love to talk about bait.



It was hard work but very enjoyable and a great opportunity to talk to the italian anglers.



Two weeks ago I was at another big show, this time in Belgium. This was with the shop Hainault Peche and I was helped by my two Belgian Team members Arnaud and Benoit. Again, a very busy worthwhile weekend.






The show at Hainaut Peche in Belgium. Our stand was mobbed for the whole weekend.
With Belgium Big Carp Team members Benoit Bruneau and Arnaud Minsart
Yesterday I was in northern France at a show called Bourbourg. It was at a venue only 30 minutes from Calais so I was able to do make it a day trip. I left home at 03.00 in the morning and was at the venue by 08.00! This time I as on a stand with a big shop called Outreman and it was a very busy day. The show closed at 19.00 and I just made it to my train through the tunnel at 20.30. I was home by 10.30. It was a very successful but VERY tiring day.

This week I'll be concentrating on completing orders but there's a couple of weeks left before the end of the season and I'm dsperate to get out and do a bit of fishing. I'll definitely set aside some time to have a go for some barbel. Next weekend Terry Edmonds is coming over for a couple of nights fishing for carp on a local water, so I'm really looking forward to that. That will be my first rip out for carp this year!

The next show is on the 20th March in Metz on the eastern side of France and I'm panning to stay on in France for 3 or 4 days fishing, so that's something to really look forward to. Hopefully the weather will be a bit more spring like by then.





No comments: